- Feed your belly and your soul! Thursday night dinner and the Word. Come this week as we continue with reading Tortured For Christ (PDF) and 1 Corinthians.
- While in Jordan I was able to visit Mount Nebo.
Deuteronomy 34:1-4 Then Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho. And the Lord showed him all the land, Gilead as far as Dan, 2 all Naphtali, the land of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the western sea, 3 the Negeb, and the Plain, that is, the Valley of Jericho the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar. 4 And the Lord said to him, “This is the land of which I swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, ‘I will give it to your offspring.’ I have let you see it with your eyes, but you shall not go over there.”
Moses seemed unwilling to leave his work; but that being finished, he manifested no unwillingness to die. God had declared that he should not enter Canaan. But the Lord also promised that Moses should have a view of it, and showed him all that good land. Such a sight believers now have, through grace, of the bliss and glory of their future state. Sometimes God reserves the brightest discoveries of his grace to his people to support their dying moments. Those may leave this world with cheerfulness, who die in the faith of Christ, and in the hope of heaven.
Hymn – To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice | Sing
Today’s Sunday Message:
Dr Calvin Wittman Hebrews 4 “God’s Rest“
Dr Wittman is a Pastor in Colorado Applewood Baptist
Group Open discussion:
Galatians 6:2 Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
- How is God working with your heart
- Share a trial and how your handling it
- Share what’s going on in your life right now.
- Have you received an answer to your prayers
- How can we pray for you this week
Hymn – New Doxology | Sing
Have a great week in the Lord!